Friday, July 9, 2010

A Little Love for Kolob

A couple weeks ago we spent a lovely, mild weathered weekend on Kolob. Marshall had been anxiously looking forward to it for a whole week. He wanted to ride four-wheelers, sleep at the cabin, and go fishing with Grandma & Grandpa. The trip turned out to be a success and I was even able to sneak in a family portrait session while on the mountain. I really hope to get some of that one posted asap, but I found a new little project that has great potential to consume me... I hope to unveil it soon.
But back to our weekend. The boys were in pure heaven up there and they played until they just couldn't play anymore. I'm so glad my friend Heidi pointed out Marshall's little resting place to me. He wanted to go ride so badly, but everyone was still eating. So he just combined waiting patiently with a short little rest on the soft, cushy seat of the four-wheeler.
And then the lucky boys got to go fishing with Grandma & Grandpa. Thanks again you guys. I know there were plenty of other things you would have rather done than fish in a lake that hasn't been planted in years, but the boys loved it.
Colby had a rather unconventional method... He made it in well past his waist to catch some crawdads. Good thing too, because we didn't catch any fish, but we did come home with 10 " 'rawbeds" (according to M) to cook.
While I was watching Tyler hang out with his very best buddy and Marshall learn from Grandma all about the different colors of bait and such, I was just praying that I'd be able to remember this scene forever. There's something about the connection of grandparents to the younger generation that is so indescribably perfect. My kids are so blessed to know their grandparents so well and to have great-grandparents still alive too. I am oh, so thankful for that.
Above is Marshall getting up close and personal with a crawdad. He really wasn't all that enthused about touching it, but after some coaxing he did end up touching it's "line eyes" (antennae). We brought them home in a bucket and not all of them survived to the morning... whoops. It was funny because Marshall thought the survivor was a bad one that killed all the others. Haha.
-->

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Looks and sounds like y'all had a blast! Kolob is one of the best places on earth, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete