Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm in love! I'm in love! and I don't care who knows it!

While in Austin I found heaven.
Let me introduce you to Walton's Fancy and Staple.
Our vacation to-do list was very short. We figured we'd fill the week with whatever sounded fun at the moment and just make sure to fit our required items in. The list consisted of 1) my cousin's wedding, 2) go to Sea World San Antonio, and 3) eat at one of Sandra Bulloch's restaurants (we just love her and wanted to support her fun business venture). I did a little research and decided that Walton's would be the best fit for our family.
And let me tell you... it was the perfect fit! Its a quaint little deli in downtown Austin. Its full of fairly common food except for the volume was turned up. I wanted to order everything on the menu just to taste all of the unique additions to your standard sandwiches, salads, and pastries. I should have snapped some pictures of the food but I was too busy enjoying every last crumb to take the time to do that. Colby and the boys did a good job of enjoying the experience, but I was in awe. The atmosphere was so relaxed yet it made you feel, well, fancy. The deli has a flower/gift shop in the back half and I could have gotten lost looking at all of the rustic yet elegant decor and gifts.


I'm a crazy juxtaposition of all types of things. I could be happy in the city or the country. I could eat like a peasant or a queen. I'd be happy dressed in grubby jeans or a flirty dress. I enjoy simplicity and glamor. And Walton's communicated that to me on a level that I swear nothing else ever has.
I'd be happy to move in if I could.

1 comment:

  1. Ah! Walton's made me want to look up flights to Austin! How fun :)

    ReplyDelete