Thursday, July 8, 2010

It has begun...

Last night marked the beginning of the
"constant questioning of Mom."
Why do we have to get out of the truck? Why do you have to make dinner? Why are you hungry? Why have you not eaten in a long time? Why has it been a lot of hours since lunch? Why is it getting dark? Why is the sun going down? Why, why, why...? He was cracking me up. Usually this would be annoying, but since it was the first time I just couldn't get over how adorable it was.

I didn't realize he had caught on to this kind of playing around. I don't think I'm clueless, but it seems like most of the time he will surprise me with something I didn't realize he had learned about. I tried not to let him see me laugh because I don't exactly want to encourage this habit.

Something else he's been doing that makes me laugh: When we pray he doesn't fold his arms the way we "traditionally" do it. He'll have one arm just right and then the other will be reaching up to the sky (or at least towards his face) or pointing down, or crossing his body in some weird way and he'll ask me, "Do we do it like this?" Then I'll answer with, "No. It's like this." (and fold my arms appropriately) He'll just return with "How about THIS?" And THIS is just a stranger version of the first rendition of folding his arms. Marshall is quite the little tease... and he still has a lot of it to grow into.

No comments:

Post a Comment