Thursday, July 15, 2010

Bliss

One of the greatest steps I've taken in this endeavor to run my own photography business was to attend a workshop put on by Tonya Joy. She has been (and continues to be) a fantastic mentor to me and I was beyond excited to learn alongside her. The day was full of info that was invaluable to me and we were treated with two fantastic shoots. This first one just gets to me.
This was the sweetest family. I felt like I could totally relate to them. It must have something to do with having a toddler. Their sweet little girl was full of energy and independence... much like my own children.
And mom and dad were still full of love and attention for one another... in the midst of their life with a little one. It's sessions like this that make me want to grab my own hubby and give him a big wet one. (Yep, I just leaned over and gave him a little kiss.)

Aren't these two beautiful. They took old time glamor to a whole 'nother level!

There's something about having children that completes a person. I was noticing that a majority of my photos from this family session revolved around their little princess. I think that's because of the way my boys complete me and I love how my world revolves around them. Around and around and around :)
This little girl was such a doll. And a trooper too. She had 13 crazy photographers in her face and she kept up.
I love taking pictures of little ones like this because that day is the last day they will be just like that. Our babies change so quickly and its my favorite part of my job to capture their playful nature right in the moment.
Learning from Tonya Joy was such a delight. I'd do it again in a heartbeat and I wouldn't change a thing. Well actually, I might. I'd pay for my very own private workshop so I wouldn't have to share my beautiful subjects with twelve other cameras :) Thanks to this beautiful family and the beautiful Tonya Joy.

2 comments:

  1. Way cute pictures! You've got quite a talent girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea,
    I'm daniel stout's wife, and also my cousin is married to Gena Sue. Anyways a friend of mine has put me in charge of finding photographer options for her wedding in Salt Lake. If that is something you are interested in, will you let me know a price and I can give her you as an option? I love Gena and Tonya's style and so does my friend. Thanks for your time

    ReplyDelete