Thursday, May 19, 2011

Too Funny

Marshall has taken quite a liking to Lady Gaga lately. He has no idea what she looks like but has heard her name and associates it with "that style" of music.  Once, a little while ago, I pointed out that the person singing was Lady Gaga.  He thought it was hilarious.  He almost couldn't believe that she was a real person.  Another time he heard a song and asked me, "Hey Mom.  Is this Lady Gaga?"  When I said yes (it actually was...) he just laughed.

I felt fine about it because I was sure he didn't actually know who she was.  Then one day, not too long ago, he told me in the car, "Mom.  You know what?  I know who Lady Gaga is.  I saw her on the TV and I know what she looks like."  I was a little startled, so I asked him to describe what she looks like.  At first he wasn't sure what to say, but then he started describing her and I was sure.  He'd seen her.  He now knew who she was.  Heaven help us.  :)

On a happier note, he also has a little love for another musician.  He wants to be Justin Bieber when he grows up.  I love it.  I told him to go for it and he could be anything he wanted when he grew up.  Marshall can sing a handful of his songs and requests Justin Bieber when we're driving in the car.  I think its great.  He's been known to sing "Baby" over and over and over again- getting progressively louder with each round.  It usually only takes a few times through before he's yelling it and its echoing through the car and we're all wishing we could chop our ears off before our ear drums bust from the volume.

I really enjoy Marshall's love of music.  I'm planning to put him in a show choir when fall rolls around.  He's always singing and just absorbs it all, so I know he'll do great.  I'm really excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment