Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pride & Prejudice :: Board Book style

A few weeks ago, which must have been right after we found out we were expecting a GIRL!!!, I found these adorable little board books on Zulily.  (I've become a huge fan of Zulily.com over the last few months... I've scored some great maternity clothes/swim suits and look forward to all the other deals I'm going to score on baby girl stuff.)  The deal they were offering was a pack of two board books and I had to have the one that included Pride & Prejudice.  Colby and I are big fans of the beautiful story (possible Colby more than I) so I knew he would be on board with this purchase.  I would have loved to pick up the Alice & Wonderland and Romeo & Juliet versions as well, but I couldn't justify buying 6 books in order to get the three I wanted.  I think that goes to show that my judgement is still in tact during pregnancy even if my awareness and social filters are not.  Haha.  Back to the book...

Here you can see that it is a cute little board book .  The rest of the pictures are pictures of the darling illustrations and the whole theme of the book... this is a counting book based on the classic story.  Love it!
I googled "Little Miss Austen Pride & Prejudice" and found countless sources to find this book as well as all the other ones... here's one link to Barnes & Noble in case you don't want to do your own google search.  

I can't wait until our little girl falls in love with the book (possible the other ones too, wink wink) as much as the boys and I have.  Marshall thought it was awesome that Mr. Bingley & Mr. Darcy looked so much like the characters in the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment