Friday, October 21, 2011

Carmel Apples :: First Attempt

The other night Ronnie & Sam LeBaron came over for a little fun.  We made carmel apples (since Sam & I LOVE them) for Family Home Evening.  I had never tried to make them before and was glad Sam got me excited about trying it.  I'm a huge fan of buying them from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, even if they do cost more than the price of 4-5 pounds of apples.  
We were all excited to get domestic and had a lot of fun doing it.

We were able to incorporate a variety of toppings and were quite pleased with how simple the process turned out to be.  We learned a few things along the way, but felt generally accomplished.

We had mentioned getting a picture of all of us with our apples, but perhaps the fact that I didn't put any makeup on that day made me forget that idea before the night was over.  
My boys were all about posing.  Yikes.

Here's the apples that stayed at our house.  They all looked delish, but the carmel got cooked a little too hot so it was pretty much rock hard and inedible.  Haha.  
We're going to give it another try though, that's for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment