Saturday, April 28, 2012

We Partied. Angry Birds Style.

Today was the boys' birthday party, and it was fun even though the weather tried to ruin all of our plans.  I determined that the moms of today's moms were WAY cooler than we are now because they didn't have the internet and Pinterest to get all of their ideas.  They had to come up with this stuff on their own...

I got this invitation, the pizza idea, and the water balloon target all from Pinterest.  (Bless that site.)

It started out with some Angry Birds coloring pages and some general boy playing out back.  I'm so glad we have grass now or else all those crazy kids would have been inside the whole time (thanks a lot wind!!!) and I would have gone crazy.  Then we made some festive pizza.
  
We launched water balloons "Angry Birds Style" at the cool target thing that Colby built.  I feel lame that I didn't get a good picture of the one Colby built.  I'm sure I will sometime.  I think we'll keep it around for a while.

The idea came from Parents magazine's website.  Awesome, huh?

After everyone had a couple of turns launching balloons at the target, they decided to try for some more exciting targets like Grandma & Grandpa Stratton.  I don't actually think the kids came up with that, but the slingshot holders did.

That quickly turned into a water balloon mob on Grandpa.  He's such a fun Grandpa!

Then we played a little game with buckets of water.  We had big plans for all the kids to get soaking wet, but we woke up this morning to some yucky wind, so we adapted our plans to keep everyone a little more dry but still be entertained.

Once everyone got hungry we enjoyed a windy picnic on the patio.

The boys got spoiled by their buddies... thanks so much everyone!  It's great to have friends like you.

Don't you love that Tyler finished opening his presents wearing the flippers we got them for Hawaii.  I do.

Some birthday cupcakes were had and then it was time for some peace and quiet to return to our house.

I remember before Tyler was born I was nervous about how close their birthdays were to each other, but it has been darn fun so far.  We sure are grateful our boys love each other like they do.
Love you kids!

1 comment:

  1. Brecken had SO much fun! As he was going to be tonight he told me that I needed to learn how to make Angry Bird pizzas :)

    ReplyDelete