Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Birthday Boy

Dear Marshall,
Happy birthday (yesterday)!  You are a dream come true!  You are the blessed one that made me a mommy.  I love the way you smiled so big when I told you that last night.  I'm so glad it was you that came to us to help us try to figure out this whole parenting thing.  You make the very best big brother and that makes me happiest of all.  You are a good example and always looking out for Tyler's feelings.  You've been so sweet these last few weeks (and months) looking forward to the new baby coming to our house.  I love it.  I love the times you make me smile because you're so much more grown up than I usually realize.  I love the times you make me laugh when you say something off the wall.  I even love the way you make my cry a little when you are just over-the-top sweet.  Do you remember telling me about the time you tucked Tyler into bed when I was feeling so sick and didn't make it into your room as soon as you guys were ready?  I was so proud of you at that moment for recognizing the way you could help those around you.  I was also extremely humbled to know that you are one of my very greatest helpers of all time.  Thanks for being you.
You have become quite a character lately.  You're always asking me to take your picture and coming up with the goofiest stuff.  I enjoy this immensely because it feels like its been a few years since you didn't mind me taking your picture.  You're full of all kinds of great wisdom too and it is too funny.  Like last night when I told you I couldn't wait to get home and go to bed and you told me that you didn't want to go to sleep because the longer you were awake the longer it would be your birthday.  Another good one was at church a couple weeks ago.  You looked at me after the sacrament was over and said, "Next week... maybe they could say, 'Heavenly Father.  Bless this pizza so we can think about God.'"  I just looked at you (I'm sure my eyes were wide) and asked if you thought we should have pieces of pizza instead of bread.  You figured that pizza and water would be good.  Oh, I just laughed and laughed.  I told all the girls in Young Womens and everyone at Grandma's house and then at Great Grandma's house.  I even put in your request to the Bishop to see what he thought of it.  You seem to really understand the purpose of things now too.  Another funny moment in church was when you suggested maybe they should install little hooks into the ceiling of the chapel (like we have over our front door for hanging paper bats at Halloween) and in the church they could hang pictures of Jesus so that we can all see them and remember to think about Jesus while we are in church... since that can sometimes be kind of hard.

You're getting very excited for Uncle Chase to come home from his mission and then our family trip to Hawaii.  Then soon after that you get to start Kindergarten!  You are so fun to watch as you anticipate all these milestones you've been counting on once you turned 5.  I can't believe it's already here.

I love you buddy.  I love everything about you!

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment