Monday, January 31, 2011

Poster Child

It's a shame its been almost a week since the night I realized I had "made it."  You know... made it to the point where I could smile at myself and say I was an accomplished woman.  Had we pulled the camera out then I could officially be the poster child for fantastic women all over the globe.  If I hadn't waited so long to blog about my evening then I'm sure I could have remembered more details too.

You see... I was scurrying around trying to get dinner made for my family before I was headed off for a night at the temple with my Young Women.  My sister (who is such a doll, by the way) was coming over to watch my boys and she gave me one of the best compliments I've heard in a while.  She said I could be the perfect 50's housewife.  I was in a dress and heels, had some glossy lipstick on, and was taking steaks off the grill.  My sis laughed as she said she could see it now... the picture of me with a caption saying something to the effect of, "Of course I can grill.  It's just so easy."  Haha.  We really made a mistake by not pulling out the camera.  What if that moment doesn't repeat itself for a while?

Then there was one more little moment of fantastic that evening when I was told I sat like a model.  Wow.  All those hours of watching America's Next Top Model are paying off.  And I thought I was just trying to sit like a lady...

1 comment:

  1. Your kids were behaving perfectly and it looked like you had just vacuumed... then add the heels, the dress and the taking-steaks-off-the-grill part and YEAH!!! I HAD to say something!!! :)

    ReplyDelete