Saturday, August 17, 2013

I feel like I live with Curious George.

So... the other night Colby and I are just enjoying a night at home.  Those are rare these days, plus it was a Sunday and I cannot think of a Sunday in the last 8 years that we have just stayed at home for no reason other than we didn't want to leave.  We usually really enjoy going to visit the grandparents on Sunday evenings, but this was a rare treat to just be at home just because.  I digress...

So we're at home enjoying some TV, or something, when Colby says, "Uh oh... Mommy's gonna love this," or something like that.  I stand up to find this.  Macy is all about discovering things lately and she LOVES to empty things.  It really doesn't matter what it is either.  So she managed to find a moment alone with her box of wipes and had almost every single one out around her.  Isn't she so funny...?

After sneaking a quick picture before she knew I was on to her, I jumped in front of her and asked what in the world she was doing.  This face I got in response is so classic.  "What?  I'm just doing what I'm doing.  Why are you taking pictures?"  She doesn't even act guilty!  Haha.  By this point, all of the wipes had escaped their container and were mostly all separated from each other.  I'm just glad it was an easy fix.

Lately we have had to keep the garbage can up on the counter top or shut in the pantry, keep the bathroom shut and the toilet closed, all papers that are on the fridge need to be at least 2 1/2 feet up from the floor, and I've considered buying cabinet locks even though I despise the inconvenience.  She empties her basket of toys out whenever she finds them put away, and I clean the floor of the pantry almost daily since she likes to scatter cookie cutters and bags of crackers all over the floor.  She's cute and curious and I'm trying to decide if her curiosity is harder or the same compared to the boys since she's mobile months before they were.  It's a little hard to remember, but some things feel very familiar.  Just today I told Tyler about how I remember him doing the same exact thing with the papers and magnets on the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment