Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hurricane Splash Pad

July 4th marked the opening of the first splash pad in Hurricane!!!  We stopped by that afternoon to snap some pictures (the city asked me to photograph some of the city sponsored events that day) of opening day.  I heard the official opening was out of control busy and I'm glad we missed it.  I was able to get some fun shots later in the afternoon when most families had carried on with their plans for the day.  Obviously I took some pictures of my own kids, but those are not what I've shared with the city.  These are just for my enjoyment.

My kids love this splash pad.  We've kind of been splash pad snobs and drive extra miles to go to the better ones in St. George.  I'm pleased to say that this one in Hurricane ranks right up there near the top of the list.  It's a lot of fun.  Enough variety and not too cold.  Perfect, according to my kids (and most all of the valley, haha).  It's always busy, but that hasn't kept us away.  We've been there three times this past week.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad someone was able to shoot for the City... I was super sick that weekend, and you were the first person I thought of when she called me on Sunday. LOVE that one of Tyler sitting on the sprinkler!!

    ReplyDelete