Tuesday, October 27, 2009

In case you were worried too...

If you live in Wash. Co. the health dept. is having an H1N1 vaccine clinic tomorrow, Wed. the 28th at the Dixie Center from 1 to 6 or while supplies last. Kids 6 mo. to 10 yrs., parents of babies under 6 mo., pregnant women, and those with chronic c...onditions (I think, I kinda stopped listening to the recording) can get the shot. It sounds like they are getting new shipments weekly so if you miss out tomorrow, call the health dept. to make sure you make it to the next one. I've been kinda weary of getting the shot, but my doctor (who I trust VERY much...) assured me that if you get the regular flu shot there is no reason to be afraid of the H1N1 vaccine. He said, in fact, that because the H1N1 virus is highly contagious (more so than the regular flu) it is even more important to get this vaccine.

For the last few weeks, my sister in law and I have asked every credible source we could think of about the vaccine and couldn't get a consistent answer. Now, thankfully, the health dept. is offering some info...

No comments:

Post a Comment