Tuesday, October 20, 2009

2 is still so close to Heaven

I've started to call Marshall the "sweetest little monster you've ever met." He can be so sweet or so scary. Usually sweet, but you know how two year olds are. Well, I want to share a sweet story with you.

The other day we were at my Mother-in-Law's house and Marshall was playing the piano. He would turn the pages of the Children's Song Book, play a little, and narrate the picture he could see. This went on for a little while and Connie and I sat talking and smiling about how cute Marshall was. Suddenly Marshall turned around with his arms folded and said "fold your arms Mom." He wanted to pray. So we took the opportunity to pray for a loved one in real need of support and a helping hand from our Father in Heaven. Once we were done he turned around to play more on the piano. After a few seconds he turned around with his arms folded again. We took the chance to pray for more loved ones. And then the whole thing happened again.

It made me smile from ear to ear to watch my little boy behave in such a reverent manner. I really felt like he was so close to the spirit and knew there were people close to him that needed an extra prayer full of the power that can only come from a sweet soul so close to heaven.

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! I love him...
    We wont be coming down again until Thanksgiving. We'll be sure to come visit though.
    P.S. You really have to make those baked apples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! It really is amazing how close they still are to our Heavenly Father! You sure have such a cute little family! I hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete