Wednesday, October 13, 2010

17.

Today's subject is "An Art Piece."  I think that has had some others stumped, but I knew just what I was going to feature.  I was in Urban Renewal (only the coolest store ever) the other day and saw this giant wooden medallion hanging there.  I'm not kidding, it was huge.  I thought my tall ceilings and bare walls could handle something like that so I scoped out my whole place trying to figure out where it could hang and then I realized it was far too big for my house.  I was sad too.  I wanted to bring that baby home.  It spoke to me instantly... more than any other piece of art has before.  I was planning to head back in to snap a picture of it but haven't had the chance to since I saw it.  Good thing too.  I was literally sick to my stomach the last time I was in there because there were  so many things I wanted to buy.  I'm not kidding.  Colby might lock me in the house and never let me out again if I were to come home with a fraction of what I fall in love with there.  So, in honor of this post I think I'll give you a little taste of the pain I endure whenever I go by that blessed store.  These pics are borrowed from the store's website.  (I even make Colby drive at a slow crawl -on the main road- whenever we pass the front windows.)

 
 
 
Just about everything I've ever seen there could be considered ART.

No comments:

Post a Comment